I reffer to these books almost everyday.
Thomas Jefferson never sat down without a book in his hand, even at the dinner table. I loved reading as a young girl. Of course back in the 1960's we only had black and white t.v. that came on at 6:00 pm. My father and brother were always reading even though they suffered from dyslexia.
I am usually reading 3 books at a time. My daughters grew up listening to me every night recap what I had read during the day. I love history and biographies, but the wanderings of Picasso or the struggles of Van Gogh might have been a bit much for them. Amazingly though in this day of technology my adult children love to read.
I have since learned to love a variety of books. But as life has gone on, I have compiled a list of books that I believe are MUST READS. I list other books I read in the: Good Reads Section.
I will devote several blogs to the reasons I like these books.
Top 10 MUST READS
1. Deepak Chopra M.D: 1. The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success 2. Perfect Health
2. Malcolm Gladwell : 1. Tipping Point 2. Blink 3.Outliers 4. David and Goliath
3. John Gray: Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus
4. Gary D Chapman: The Heart of the 5 Love Languages
5. Stephen Pollan & Mark Levine Die Broke: A Radical Four-Part Financial Plan
6. Thomas Cahill: 1. The Gifts of the Jews 2. How the Irish Saved Civilization:
7. David Bach : The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich
8. Charles Duhigg: The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
9. Stephen R. Covey: 1. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People 2.The 8th Habit
10. Hafiz: The Gift